Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One interview down...

...and it went really well! Though I tend to hate phone interviews (who likes talking to a wall?), I think my personality came through. The woman I spoke with said she's going to send my resume to the hiring manager with a recommendation to move on in the interview process. Yay!

Side note: have any of you ever tried interviewing for another job while actually at your current job? Since the interview was at 8:30 this morning and most of my office doesn't get in until 9, I thought I could get away with doing the interview here. I sat myself down in one of our large conference rooms, closed the door, and realized my voice echoed. I freaked out, crawled underneath the conference table, and conducted my interview there. My back hurts from hunching over. But the worst part occurred when someone walked into the conference room and saw me crouching underneath the table. Talk about embarrassing. Thankfully it was 9 and the interview was five minutes from over.

2 comments:

  1. OMG that sounds terrifying! I'm the worst at interviews and def don't sell myself well, so the thought of a phone interview while at work while under a table?? yikes.

    Glad it went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it made for a hysterical story to tell, right?! I still can't believe a man walked in. Sheesh. Will post if and when I make it to round two. Fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete