Friday, April 30, 2010

How does one sneak out of work?

So that phone interview I had this past Monday apparently went well, because I got called for a second interview! This time, the recruiter wants me to come into the office and meet with a few different people. She asked me for my availability and instructed me to "be flexible," as the interviews will take a total of 1 1/2 hours.

I told her I'm available any night after 4:30pm, thereby giving myself a way out of work (doctor's appointment) and a way to spend as much time at the interviews as I had to (who goes back to work after an appointment at 4:30?). The recruiter emailed me back and said the only time she can accommodate me is at 12:30pm on Tuesday.

Uh, how am I supposed to peace out of work for 3 hours? Let's not forget the half hour commute there AND back from the location. So we're looking at, minimum, two and a half hours out of the office in the middle of the day.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment