Friday, April 2, 2010

Do people not say thank you anymore?

A friend of mine is in the process of interviewing for a job. After two interviews, and the completion of a project, my friend decided to make a gift and hand-deliver it to the office. She even had the gift wrapped at a premier paper store in the city.

It's been days and her gift has yet to be acknowledged. Even the project that she submitted (upon assignment) went unrecognized. Has "thank you" been eliminated from the vocabulary these days? Is it really SO HARD for someone to shoot an email with those two small words?

I just can't understand it. I'd like to think that, if the situation were reversed, I would have said thank you. Even if my friend doesn't get the job, even if she's not in their top three, her efforts - both on the project, and with the gift - should have been acknowledged. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment