Monday, May 3, 2010

To Excel or not to Excel.



As you all know, I've been struggling recently with what I want to "do with my life" and "be when I grow up." Currently, I'm in marketing, but do I want to do that for the rest of my life? I'm unsure.

I've been investigating other career avenues, with finance making the occasional appearance in my thoughts. My boyfriend's brother is in finance, so I decided to speak with him about potential career paths in the industry.

He proceeded to tell me that unless I want a deep and intimate relationship with Excel, I should stay away from finance. This made me sad. Though I understand the inner-workings of Excel, I'd rather not remain best friends with it forever.

Is he right? Is it all Excel? If this is the case, maybe finance isn't for me. Anyone know what consulting is?

No comments:

Post a Comment