Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rant.

Feeling depressed. And I'm not a depressed-feeling person. Usually, I'm pretty upbeat and happy. But this feeling of career hopelessness day in and day out is really taking a toll on my emotions. I realize that I'm a "Type A," schedule and check-list, must know what I'm having for lunch kind of person. And I also realize that because I'm this way, it's a lot harder for me than it may be for some people to be so unsure of what I want to do in life. But, I am who I am. And as much as I try and force myself to realize that "everything will work out," I just can't grasp it. I can't accept it. And I can't get ahold of my emotions.

I feel like I'm wasting my time sitting at this desk every day. I am trying to learn, but there isn't much work being done. And I'm trying to enjoy myself, but there isn't much to enjoy. So I watch the days go by and wonder how I've been at my current job for six months. I didn't think I'd be here for one! I thought I'd look for jobs and find another one before I could even adjust to this office. And now, six months later, I'm still stuck at the same desk with no feasible job leads.

Seriously, when will this end? I'm getting sick of hearing myself complain about this and am fed up with feeling this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment