Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's a small world after all.

I had a nice and interesting commute into work this morning. After trying for a week to transfer subways, I decided that it was lot easier (and more peaceful, and less smelly) to transfer buses. So now I take a bus down Lex and then transfer to a crosstown bus. Given my slight OCD tendencies, I'm generally on the same buses every day.

After getting off my first bus today, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and noticed it was a girl I usually see on my second bus. Apparently, she also takes the Lex Avenue bus downtown and then transfers to the same crosstown bus that I'm on.

We started talking and I quickly found out that she was my age and working at a financial company that I'm interested in joining. Since I see her almost every day, our encounter was very friendly, and she even offered to pass my resume along if I wanted to send it over.

Just goes to show that you never know where or when you're going to meet someone that could impact your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment