Thursday, April 8, 2010

FWD: Please respond.

Do people just not respond to emails anymore? I sent out a few prospective job emails this week and I have yet to hear back from a single person. Of course, in my despair, I turned to Google, and pulled up this search. Apparently, I'm not the only one out there who feels frustrated when an email of theirs goes unanswered.

You ask yourself, is it me? Did I do something wrong? Not to sound ridiculous, but I think this situation mirrors He's Just Not That Into You.

As a self-proclaimed girl, I tend to overanalyze everything. But, as this movie teaches you, maybe some things aren't meant to be analyzed. Maybe it just "is what it is." Maybe, just maybe, the email recipient didn't care enough to respond. Wouldn't have mattered if I had a different subject line, wouldn't have matter if I lessened the email a paragraph or added on a sentence. Maybe they just didn't care enough to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment