Wednesday, April 21, 2010

212-555-5555

I remember when I was hunting for a job after I graduated. Any time a 212 number popped up on my caller ID, I'd freak. I'd think to myself, "What if someone's calling me about a job?" Then, I'd listen to the voice message, and nine times out of 10 it was my doctor confirming an appointment, or a friend calling from work, or...

The feelings I had back then have such a familiar feel these days, since I'm on the hunt yet again for a job. I just saw a missed call and voice message from a 212 number and got excited. I quickly found out that the message was an automated recording from my apartment building manager informing me that a contract had been reached and our doorman weren't going on strike. Yay for my doorman, boo for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment