Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's wrong with this picture?

My previous boss was the devil. Or at least, while in that job, I thought she was the devil. She made me cry on a weekly, if not daily, basis. The entire office knew how I suffered. It was bad. Yet, since we've parted ways, we've formed a budding friendship. Like I've said before, while she treated me terribly most of the time, she did have a knack for looking out for me. And now, in my current position, I find myself missing that.

I just re-read what I wrote and I can't believe I'm saying this! But it's true.

My current boss, while nice, is far from what I would call an authoritative figure. She constantly complains about the problems in her life - which, is all well and good, I'm happy to listen - but don't come over to my desk, complain to me for 20 minutes and then walk away without asking me how I'm doing, or what I'm doing this weekend. I have, on more than one occasion, picked up lunch for my boss if I'm going somewhere she likes. And she always, ALWAYS asks for change. That would've never happened at my old job, with my previous boss.

At my current job, I sit in a cube that's somewhat secluded from the rest of the office. It just so happens that the girl who I replaced sat here, so this is where I ended up. For the first few weeks, my boss would come to my desk to say good morning. Then, she stopped. Keep in mind that unless she comes over in the morning, I have no idea she's even here.

It is now 9:55am. She tends to get in around 9. It has been one hour and I still have not seen her. Ridic!

No comments:

Post a Comment